Do you like hot wings enough to attempt an eating contest?
Frank & Marlee’s is now running a contest in which contestents are challenged to fully devour 12 hot wings in 15 minutes (the first two must be consumed within the first three minutes and contestants can’t drink anything during the challenge).
All winners receive a $50 gift certificate, a Frank & Marlee’s T-shirt, their photo on the Wall of Fame and challenge wings are free (those who fail to complete the challenge will be charged $10 for the wings).
A side note: Frank & Marlee’s has also started promoting its Taco Tuesdays with a choice of mahi mahi, fried shrimp, beef n’ cheese, and veggie tacos for $1.00 every Tuesday.
Did you know that August is National Catfish Month? I don’t think I ever tried catfish before visiting Oxford five years ago, and now that I live here, I eat it all the time!
In honor of catfish month, I’ve attempted to name all of the local restaurants in which you can quell your catfish cravings. If you go through the entire list below, you should be able to hit a different place every day for nearly the rest of the month!
Let me know if I’ve left out one of your favorites.
- Ajax Diner – southern fried catfish, southern fried catfish po-boy (lunch/dinner), black eyed pea and catfish cakes (dinner)
- Bangkok Thai – Siam spicy catfish
- City Grocery – grilled ginger catfish (lunch)
- Foxfire Ranch – catfish sandwich (Sundays)
- Frank & Marlee’s – fried catfish po-boy, fried catfish filets
- Irie – catfish bites, fried catfish po-boy, fried catfish filet, 10 oz. ribeye with catfish filet
- Laws Hill Fish House – catfish combination plates
- McEwen’s – blackened catfish (lunch), sweet potato crusted catfish (dinner)
- Oby’s – catfish platter, cajun catfish po-boy
- Phillips Grocery – catfish sandwich, catfish basket
- Proud Larry’s – Creole catfish sandwich
- Red Onion – catfish buffet, catfish sandwich
- Rice & Spice – crispy catfish salad
- Rooster’s – catfish bites, fried catfish po-boy
- Taylor Grocery – blackened, grilled or fried catfish on a variety of combination platters
- The Sizzler – several catfish variations, including a whole fried catfish
Open for only a short while, according to its website, Frank & Marlee’s has added new menu offerings to the lineup. If you’ve tried any of the below items and care to comment, send us your feedback through a comment here or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Menu Additions:
- Bourbon Street Ribeye
- Landshark Chicken
- Shrimp Po-boy
- Frank’s Philly
- Grilled Vegetable Wrap
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap
- Buffalo Grilled Chicken Wrap
- Turkey Melt Wrap
- Shrimp and Rice
- Grilled Salmon
- Grilled Chicken Club
- Gorgonzola Pear Salad
Looks like it’s official. Murff’s was sold to new owners Todd Lynch and Erin Smith of Frank & Marlee’s (frankandmarlees.com), a restaurant/bar/dueling piano venue set to open in its place.
While there will certainly be a hole left in our hearts for Murff’s, Frank & Marlee’s hopes to fill it with tempting bar-type appetizers, salads, soups, sandwiches, burgers, steaks, and desserts.
Bring on the food!
See update here.